Do you love wrapping gifts and making them look really special? Me too, and what better way to make your presents stand out from the rest this Christmas than to print your own bespoke wrapping paper.
In this 5-minute video I’ll show you how to make your own custom stamps and print onto kraft paper. The block printing technique doesn’t require a lot of special equipment and can be used over and over again to create unique gift wrap for many occasions, not just Christmas.
For this project you will need:
- Kraft paper or other crisp paper suitable for wrapping gifts (recycled if possible)
- Acrylic paint or block printing ink
- Craft foam (sticky backed if you can get it)
- Corrugated cardboard (or other rigid flat surface on which to stick your design — transparent acrylic blocks work great if you want to reuse your stamp again and again and also allow you to see exactly where you are positioning your print, but they are quite expensive)
- Sharp scissors and pencil
- Rubber brayer (roller) (alternatively, you could try a foam roller, foam brush or paint brush to load the paint onto your stamp)
- Masking tape if you want to secure your paper to the table while printing
- Luggage tags if you want to make matching gift tags
The design possibilities are endless, and you can save yourself time by making a repeating pattern on a large piece of cardboard. Try using metallic paint or coloured paper for a different look.
I hope you like this video. If you have any questions of comments, please leave them below.